©FaithHopeLoveHappiness.blogspot.com 2008-2014

Please note, the content and photos are original (unless noted) and property of www.FaithHopeLoveHappiness.blogspot.com

Content and photos are protected, please contact me to obtain permission to use, thank you.


Thanks for visiting! I haven't been spending much time here because I've been focusing on my new blog, BurlapnDots.com ...please visit to find tutorials from this blog, and NEW DIY projects, and fun vintage finds for sale!

Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Mary Kay Look VoxBox {Review}

Have you heard of http://www.influenster.com/??? Well if you haven't you are missing out!!! Go, sign up now! I'll wait for you...



I recently was given a "Glam VoxBox" of some pretty awesome Mary Kay products to use. I was given a fresh, pretty pink "True Dimensions Lip Stick in Pink Cherie" lipstick, a "Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm", a "Cream Eye Color Application Brush", a "Lash Primer" clear mascara, and a "Lash Love Lengthening" mascara.




The Good
My initial thoughts on the lipstick and the eye color were that they were not the usual colors I would choose. I was actually pretty hesitant to use them because I felt they were on the bright side. However, I LOVE them! (And I'm not just saying that...promise!) The pink, while definitely a true pink, is not as bright as I was expecting. It feels so nice on! It's very smooth and moisturizing, and the color lasted for quite a few hours. I'm not really used to wearing a cream eye shadow, and I didn't really think I would like it. Especially because it looked so purple. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to apply it with the application brush (which I LOVE) and on it isn't as purple as in the jar.

The Not As Good
I was really hoping to love the Lash Primer and the mascara, especially since I'm almost out of mine. I was really disappointed to find I didn't really care for either of them. The Lash Primer can be worn alone "for the natural look" or under the mascara for volume, but I didn't find that the Lash Primer made a difference either way for me. I could hardly tell that the Primer was on my lashes, and it was just an added step in my make up routine for under my mascara. As a busy mom I hardly even have 5 minutes for a shower let alone applying an extra step to my mascara. I need it to be quick! (Maybe I didn't apply it correctly?) I did however discover that the Lash Primer makes a really good "brow gel" to hold the fly away eyebrows in place! The mascara seems like it would be a great mascara, but to be honest I hated the skinny, tiny brush. I prefer my mascara brushes to be a little more full...I guess I prefer an overall "volume/lengthening" mascara.

Will I buy It?
Yes to the lipstick, the eye color, and the application brush. No to the mascara, and a maybe to the primer (but would be used as a brow gel). If the mascara had a better brush, I would consider buying it.


*I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. These are my true and honest views and opinions. 




2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for a good mascara, try Mary Kay's ultimate mascara, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! Sorry I'm just now responding...I thought I had earlier!

      Delete

Sorry, I had to implement the word verification for the comments due to a gazillion spam comments I am getting lately. I know it's a pain in the booty...so I will appreciate it even more when/if you still comment!
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails